Chris Bové -- Editor, Director and Educator
Expert editor for 23 years. Long and short format productions for national broadcasts, national and international festival distribution, internet, BluRay and DVD releases. Able to direct and fully execute the post-production process. Routinely operate edit systems; edit and rewrite scripts; design graphic elements; train and manage assistants and interns; collaborate on large teams; and give presentations directly to clients - all while staying under deadline and under budget. Great deal of additional experience as Story Editor, Script Editor and Writer for all types of projects. Advanced knowledge of internet video delivery methods; and a Photoshop expert.
Tell a good story.
2014 Moderator Training Sessions, Media Composer 8 (Avid)
2014 NAB Post|Production World
- Documentary Editing (WGBH Frontline)
- Documentary Producer's Workshop
- Avid Symphony Color Correction
- Avid Media Composer Editing
2014 Avid Connect: 4K and UHD Workflows
2013 Moderator Training Sessions, Media Composer 7 (Avid)
2012 Moderator Training Sessions: Media Composer 6.5; Avid FX and Boris BCC; Sorenson Squeeze 8 (Avid)
2011 Moderator Training Sessions, Media Composer 5.5; Media Composer 6 (Avid)
2010 Moderator Training Sessions, Media Composer 5 (Avid)
2009 Moderator Training, AMA, Interplay, Media Composer v4 (Avid)
2008 Moderator Training, Workflows for P2, XDCam and RED (Avid)
2008 Certifications: Color Correction; Graphics and Mattes; I/O Essentials; Marquee ; Boris Red Complete ; Interplay Workgroup Management (Avid)
2008 Certifications: Interplay Digital Production Workflow ; Interplay for Editors; Interplay Assist; Interplay Access (Avid)
2005 Mentoring: Editing Techniques for National PBS Programs (Florentine Films)
2001 Certificate: Advanced AVID Media Composer Techniques (Sheridan College )
2000 Certificate: AVID Media Composer Techniques (Sheridan College)
1997 Diploma: Advanced Filmmaking (New York Film Academy)
1997 B.A.: Media Studies, Filmmaking; additional concentration: Video Documentary (State University of New York at Buffalo )
WNED|WBFO, 8/1998 – Present
Head of editorial for national and regional educational programs broadcast on TV and radio. As a senior editor of many types of projects, I perform the duties of writer, associate producer, sound mixer, music producer, videographer and DVD/Blu-ray author. Served as lead director for live broadcasts.
- End-to-end understanding of how to create stories with video and sound
- PBS and NPR broadcast workflows
- Digital productions for on-demand viewing
- Creation of materials for grants and proposals
- Equipment research, purchasing and maintenance
- Script and story editing
- Online, color correction and packaging for national distribution and DVD authoring
- Creation and leadership of production internship program
- Creation of live TV studio educational materials
- Creation of educational materials for digital productions
Editor and Educator
Always Editing, 6/1994 – Present
Editor of films, TV shows, documentaries, shorts and commercials.
- Writing, script editing and story editing
- Music score
- Audio recording, mixing and delivery
- Animations and graphic elements; archive image restorations
- Finished project delivery, promotion and hosting
- Building and maintenance of edit systems
Writer, Producer and Director of educational webinars, video journals and blogs.
- On site trainer and web trainer of postproduction workflows
- Example: (LINK)
Scene & Herd Productions, 6/1994 – 3/2001
Editor of marketing videos, commercials and corporate image campaigns.
- Work includes national re-branding campaign for HSBC Bank USA (from Marine Midland Bank).
Local shows; tagging of network promos; local PSAs
Ross School, 1994
Seasonal work at a wonderfully forward-thinking educational institution.
88 Video, 1987-1994
Manager, trainer, tape technician and cashier at video rental store chain.
Vice Chair and Secretary
Avid Customer Association, 2014 - present
Creation of educational venues for learning
- Distance learning sessions with software designers
- Live webinar tutorials on editorial workflows
Avid Pro Video Community 11/2008 - present
- Educating other editors on various editorial workflows
- Creation of educational materials
PostWNY 8/2008 - present
Creator of local user's group for video editors and audio professionals
- Teacher/Presenter: Video and Audio Editing Workflows
- Teacher/Presenter: Internet Video Workflows
- Guest Lecturer, Apollo Media Center; WXXI Rochester
AvidBlogs 4/2014 - present
Writer of blogs on editorial workflows for Avid Technology.
Moviola Education Center, 2/2017 - present
Contributing webinar host to an educational series for editors
AVID 4K and UHD Workflows
AVID Interplay Workgroup Manager
AVID Media Composer Software up to v8.8.3 (Mac and Windows)
AVID Media Composer Nitris DX
AVID Media Composer Adrenaline HD
AVID Media Composer Mojo
AVID Media Composer 9000 Meridian
AVID Media Composer Xpress
AVID Media Composer 1000 AVBV
AVID ScriptSync and PhraseFind
AVID Plug-ins: Boris, Sapphire, Tiffen DFx (DFT 55mm), Stage Tools, 3-Prong
All tape and tapeless formats from Quad to Avid AMA import of P2 and QT
Delivery to/from audio post - OMF2 or otherwise
Upload/Delivery to DG Fastchannel
Adobe Photoshop (all versions since 1994)
Final Draft; Final Draft A/V
Final Cut Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro
CMX, GVG, and Ampeg linear edit systems
Steenbeck (6 and 8 plate)
Please contact for complete list.
Editing for Steven Spielberg and The Ross Family, 1994
Volunteer, Hamptons International Film Festival, 1994
References available upon request - both professional and personal.